Tue, Feb 18|
Sahara Kuwait Golf Resort
STATISTICAL ANALYSIS FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH Using SPSS
Two-day workshop on application of basic statistical methods focusing mainly on data analysis for medical applications using SPSS and to successfully interpret and communicate the results of statistical analysis.
Time & Location
Feb 18, 2020, 5:00 PM GMT+3 – Feb 19, 2020, 8:30 PM GMT+3
Sahara Kuwait Golf Resort, Hunting and Equestrian Club, Block No. 11, Jaber Al Ahmad Hospital Street, مدينة الكويت، Kuwait
About The Event
The topics covered in the workshop will be as follows
Note: All training applications are came from real studies from many published papers in Medical Journals
What you will learn
1. Introduction to SPSS software and interface.
2. Introduction to data, variables, types of variables and scales of measurement.
3. Descriptive statistics of continuous and categorical variables.
4. Understanding standard error of mean and 95% confidence interval of mean
5. Transforming continuous variable to categorical variable.
6. Normality of data.
7. Selection of appropriate statistical tests.
8. Chi square – Introduction and scenarios.
9. Independent samples T test.
10. Paired samples T test.
11. One way ANOVA.
12. Pearson and Spearman Correlation analysis.
13. Interpret linear regression equation and R-squared
14. Linear regression analysis
15. Binomial Logistic regression analysis (Logistic Regression - Odds Ratio)
16. ROC curve in SPSS
What the workshop includes?
1- Hands-on practices using the latest version of the SPSS package.
2- Training manual (Online system) with step-by-step processes to practice on all discussed exercises.
3- Workshop certificate.
4- Coffee/Tea throughout the workshop.
1- Early registration = 120 KWD (before 30 Jan. 2020)
2- Late registration = 140 KWD
1- Rajesh Rajan - Expert in Medical Research (Sabah Al-Ahmad Cardiac Center, Al-Amiri Hospital.
Indian Association of Clinical Cardiologists. Clinical Cardiology, President - Indian Association of Clinical Cardiologists.)
2- Ahmed Alsaber - Statistical Analyst (CEO of Advanced Consulting for Statistics (ACS), expert in R, RStudio, STATA, SPSS, AMOS, Smart-PLS, Python.)
mobile: +965 95545930